I use to always tell my mom and dad “I can’t wait til Im out of school, and I would always be at a lost for words when I would hear their responses;
“Be careful what you ask for...” or “You better enjoy your carefree life right now…” or the best “Work is nothing but a big high school.”
I would actually look at my parents and say “Parents just don't understand…” (by DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince.) But clearly, they already knew through experience, duhhhhhh!
And this is why I say first is the worst and second is the best.
If you weren’t the first to JUMP into the experience, industry, and/or situation, whatever the case may be, how can we learn from those that did it first, in order to, turn second into BEST!
Well, hello everyone it’s Monday! And today should be your day of seconds to others, but a day first to you, and make it your own. Did that make sense? Ok, I hope so; follow me on this one... below is a list of some first you should put on your list, but now make second be the BEST-your BEST! Be innovative, Be Bold, Be a future thinker, Be Confident, Be Committed.
1. Become an influencer in your industry: Because those that did before you may have ran into some minor issues like “one hit wonders…” in every sense of the word. But now, you have to figure out what worked for them and tweak it. My ask- is that you actually make a lasting impact positively, as an influencer not negatively.
2. Be your own BOSS:Stay focused and learn from those great entrepreneurs that came before you. Like Annie Malone, Michael Bloomberg, or Dave Anderson, and Bill Gates just to name a few. Study them and find out what they did that was so great and figure out to make it your own and tweak it to your industry or the same industry. Remember Second is the best. Wink wink!
3. Be wealthy enough to hire others: Anytime a new “something” is done, invented, or innovatively tweaked it provides an opportunity to develop new jobs, new unit, or even a new industry. And as a business owner or innovator, it should be at the top of your list of first being second. It only makes society and this country better.
“When you’ve worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back , and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed.
4. Become an instructor in your field: Were you ever advised of reaching back and helping your fellow wo/man. Well I was, and it is absolutely necessary that you provide and/or show others how to do what you did if not better. Just like you can’t take your billions with you when you die take a note from Annie Malone, and how she turned what she knew into her fortune, but the point was to teach others how to do it so she didn’t take her knowledge with her #leadershipthroughKnowledge.
5. Become a Billionaire: In most cases, in order for us to be able to achieve the top four first as our second, it would be great to become a billionaire. This makes life so much better and easier, right? No, not if your first isn’t based on making a lasting impact, as I stated before, because having all that wealth does nothing if you don’t have a servant attitude.
Make this Monday be your Monday of first, but remember that second is always best when you tweak it to be your Best, as coming second.
“Find your Project to be Purposeful and then make your Passion your business.”